Friday, January 13, 2012

Expectantly

It has been a hard week for me. Walking through painful stuff with people. Lots of trials, lots of hurt, lots of brokenness.

Because I just don’t know how to pray for people, especially in times like this, I often read through the Psalms before my time of prayer.

Sometimes I look to the Psalms to guide me, anchor me, teach me. This time I came looking for comfort . . . hoping for some Living Water to nourish my dry soul and weary heart.

I came
To the Throne of Grace
Expectantly.


And found this:
“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” (Psalm 147:3)

Simple little verse reminding me that God hears, His word is living and active, and renews our hope. I came expecting to hear from the LORD. Expecting like a daughter who needs comfort from her daddy, to be comforted by our Heavenly Father. Expecting to be heard, nourished, and led to still waters.


And He did. With a sweet little verse.
He comforted.
He reminded.
He heals.
He binds up wounds.

Whether you come to God in delight or in despair, do you come expectantly?

“In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. (Psalm 5:3)

*More on this little verse tomorrow . . .

1 comment:

  1. Melissa,

    This verse is the 2nd one I chose last year because I have experienced His healing my broken heart and the binding of my wounds. My comfort came at His perfect moment for me,although I wished it had come sooner. Maybe I wouldn't have praised Him the way it was meant to be had I received it sooner. Only He knows. Suffering doesn't mean He doesn't care about our pain,but suffering takes us to Him in a way nothing else will......Love,Betty

    ReplyDelete